“Give drivers an instant and accurate quote, and allow garages to view and edit their quotes at any time.”
Give 86% of jobs posted 5+ instant accurate price (Currently 35%) and to increase acceptance rate to 20%
My Role: Lead Product Designer
- User research
- UX design
- UI design
- Interaction design
User journey map
Feelings: Concerned that we provide the wrong price, worried about bad experiences with drivers around pricing.
Thoughts: looking forward to saving time with quoting but hoping their is not more customer management.
The main concerns for the garages are around price and making sure these are accurate.
Drivers expect the quotes to change when they get to the garage depending on whether more more is required, or parts prices etc.
Defined MVP for the AI solution
Myself, the product manager and the data scientist then decided on a MVP to go live with. This was based on when we could have the first cut of data, how quickly we could test a prototype and how much management we want to give to the drivers on the release.
- Onboarding for the mechanics
- New quote tiles, tooltips, more info sections as well as email coms
- Management tool that allows the mechanic to view all prices and update
The quote generated by us needed to look different to the quote supplied by the garage. So we introduced a brand and we could then use tooltips and pop-ups to explain this to the driver.
- Release on two job types first
- On-boarding to allow mechanics to authorise us to start quoting on their behalf
- Run hot-jar
- set up GA dashboard
- Data team daily feedback reports
- Release on a category by category basis and slowly introduce more features and improvements based of further feedback.
- Working with a local Usability Lab and research team to test the full journey from the driver side.
- Base changes on this feedback.
- Release next interaction of the management tool.